Friday, June 24, 2016

Sweet Release

The day we signed the papers 
17 year ago
and received the keys to the house in Chandler
It was a crazy day!

We were moving from Tucson to Chandler
due to my husbands job

We had an appointment 
at the Title Company around lunch time
and the moving truck was arriving 
with our things the next day.

At the time we had three dogs, 
two kids 
and two vehicles 
to get to Chandler

So that morning, 
we loaded up the dogs in the back of the truck, 
which had a camper shell on it
and I took the kids in the car 
and we headed up I-10 to Chandler.

About half way there on the freeway
the tailgate of the truck opened up!
My husband began to slow down 
and the dogs began tumbling out.
I was driving behind and I remember yelling at the kids 
to put their heads in their laps and not to look up. 
I was so sure that the dogs would get run over. 
But instead something wonderful happened.
My husband pulled over and so did I. 
Two of the dogs did not run, 
but stayed put next to the truck, 
so I grabbed them and put them in the car.
The other one began running 
across the freeway. 
Here is the wonderful part
All of the traffic stopped! Both sides!
People got out of their cars 
and helped us get the dog, 
who was terrified.
Never would I have imagined this outcome.
Once we got the dogs and the kids settled down, 
thanking everyone that helped us as well
We returned to heading up to Chandler.

We asked the sellers of the house 
if they would mind if we dropped the dogs 
off in the backyard 
while we signed the papers 
and they graciously allowed us to do that.
So we dropped off the dogs, 
left them some water 
and headed to the title company.
We signed the papers, 
got the keys and headed back to our house!
When we got inside 
we found a lovely plant and card 
waiting for us from the previous owners.
It was clear that they loved that house.
Fast forward almost exactly 17 year later ......

Yesterday was the last day that we owned our home in Chandler. 
All along the way
As we prepared our home for sale
We prayed
We worked
We did our best to leave well.
As I painted each room
I prayed for whoever would live there next
I walked around the outside of the house
 and prayed at each corner 
That those that came after us
would love this house as much as we did
would feel peace and serenity there
that it would be a refuge from the world 
as they came home each day
I prayed that the halls would again be filled with laughter
as it was when we raised our family there
that there would be great family gatherings
as when we had big Thanksgivings 
and Christmas dinners with loved ones
I prayed that God's presence may remain.

I do not know those that purchased our house
But I am confident that The Lord answered my prayers
that whoever it is, they would be the perfect people

And I believe they will be

And like those that we purchased that home from
we left a plant and a note welcoming them to their new home.

We never expected to know who these people are, 
but we were given a glimpse yesterday.
They sent us a note, 
thanking us for taking such good care of the house.
They told us they have three dogs! 
And they shared that they plan to have children 
and raise a family there.

I could not ask for anything more..........

God is good
He answers prayers
and He assists me to move on
What a Great and Awesome Abba Father I have.

Lamentations 3:22-27 The Message (MSG)

God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
    his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
    How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over).
    He’s all I’ve got left.
God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
    to the woman who diligently seeks.
It’s a good thing to quietly hope,
    quietly hope for help from God.
It’s a good thing when you’re young
    to stick it out through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment